Wednesday, September 7, 2011

NYC- The Greatest City in the World

     For twenty two years of my life, growing up in one of the most famous cities in the world has been quite an adventure.  I grew up in Queens the most populated and diverse borough of New York.  Most of my childhood I would be found playing basketball, baseball, and handball in the park across the street from my house in Tudor Village, Otherwise my parents wouldn't have let me leave the porch.  Tudor is a small neighborhood in Ozone Park where I lived and attended Nativity B.V.M where I would meet my friends who most of my greatest childhood stories in New York would involve.
    After elementary school I would go on to attend Christ the King Regional High School in Middle Village Queens where as a young adult I learned the routes of New York through public transportation. While living in Queens not far from the A Train, it would only take about a half an hour to arrive into Manhattan, where to me coming out of the train station was like coming into an entirely different world.  I've always loved the fast pace of the city and how everyone in their on world trying to get to work, see a Broadway show, or catch a cab in one of the most busiest and aggressive cities in the world.  When I get older and well established with my career the one place I have always wanted to live is Manhattan.
     I know my way pretty well in and out of the five borough's of New York City, so one of the reasons I chose to take this class was to see and learn some new things I did not know about New York.

2 comments:

  1. I like the style of your blog very much. It fits the theme of the class perfectly. Your posts are also well written, but you need to show evidence of having read the BG and other sites. Your range for my first grade would be B/B+.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 22/25...Your writing in these blogs is fine, but your citation of source leaves something to be desires. Where is the BG? Link to other sites more consistently.

    ReplyDelete